Thank you for visiting the Lifesong Hospice and Palliative Care Volunteer page. We appreciate your interest in becoming a hospice volunteer. The decision of the Leader family to start their own hospice company was based on a long standing need to care for our residents like ‘family’. Compassion and kindness is our ‘family’s’ legacy. We are happy that you are interested in being a part of that mission.
As a hospice volunteer you will be blessed with the opportunity to be involved with a patient and family during a very challenging time. We will provide you with the tools to successfully support patients and family through this stage of life and assist them create their “Lifesong” with a Legacy Project.
Volunteer opportunities include:
– Partnering with a patient/resident (sending cards, making telephone calls)
– Planning special events (birthday celebrations, etc.)
– Making bereavement calls
– Baking bereavement breads
– Creating legacy projects
– Planning veteran’s pinning ceremonies
– Making lap robes, walker bags, and/or fidget aprons
– Assisting in the Lifesong Office (administrative tasks, copying, filing, etc.)
– Other unique opportunities